How Generator fumes killed housewife, child in Owo

A woman simply identified as Tawa and her five- month- old baby have been killed by fumes inhaled from a generator.

Neighbours said the generator was bought last Monday.

The woman is said to be a staff  of the Federal Medical Centre (FMC) Owo.

The incident happened on Friday at Owo, Owo local government area of Ondo State.

The husband of the deceased is currently in coma and admitted at the Intensive Care Unit of the Federal Medical Centre, Owo.

It was gathered that the couple purchased the generator on Monday and left it on before they went to bed on Thursday evening.

Eye witnesses  said the family was found when their apartment was broken after they did not report for work on Friday.

It was Tawa’s elder sister who could not find both at their place of work that raised the alarm.

It was gathered that some co-workers went to their house in company of the elder sister and broke into the apartment where they discovered the family in critical condition.

The baby was found dead but the parents were lying unconscious.

They were later rushed to the FMC where the wife died few minutes later.

Published by WonderLady

Journalist, Educationist, Writer, Human Rights Advocate

One thought on “How Generator fumes killed housewife, child in Owo

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s