The Deji and Paramount Ruler of Akure Kingdom, Oba (Dr.) Aladetoyinbo Ogunlade Aladelusi, Odundun II will on Thursday 22nd September, 2022 proceed on his annual Ulefunta leave.
- The annual leave is expected to last for a period of seven days beginning from Thursday 22nd September, 2022 till Wednesday 28th September, 2022. The Deji will use the period of the annual leave to pray for peace, prosperity and progress of Akure Kingdom.
- It is pertinent to notify the general public and residents of Akure that beating of drum under any guise is prohibited for the period of this seven days.
- In view of this, the road leading to the Deji’s Palace will be closed down to commuters during the Ulefunta Period. Road users are therefore enjoined to make use of the adjoining routes.
- Also, in line with custom and tradition, the Oja Oba market will be closed for the Ulefunta Period.
- Residents are advised to comply with this directive as they go about their lawful duties and also pray for the good of the land.
- Akure a gbe a ooo.
Chief Press Secretary to the Deji of Akure of Akure Kingdom.
September 21, 2022.