CLOSURE OF MARKETS AND SHOPS IN OBSERVANCE OF ANNUAL AHEREGBE FESTIVAL
The Palace of the Deji and Paramount Ruler of Akure Kingdom wishes to inform residents of Akure that all Markets and Shops in Akure will be shut on Monday 22nd August, 2022
- The closure becomes necessary as part of the age long tradition in observance of the annual Aheregbe Festival.
- The Palace wishes to inform residents that no trading or opening of shops under any guise will be allowed during the festival.
- It is imperative to clarify that ONLY Pharmacy shops and Patent Medicine Stores will be allowed to open during the festival
- Residents, Market Women and shop owners are kindly enjoined to comply with this directive.
- However, the festival will not restrict both human and vehicular movement.
- Akure a gbe a oo
Chief Press Secretary to the Deji of Akure.
August 20, 2022.