..Contractors mobilise to site as Adegoroye pays ‘Thank You’ visit to Fashola
The new contractors handling the reconstruction of the Akure-Ado Ekiti road have mobilised to site ahead of the official flag off of the project by the federal government on May 25.
The Minister of Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN and the Minister of State for Transportation, Prince Ademola Adegoroye, will on Thursday perform the official flag off in Akure.
Adegoroye had paid a ‘Thank You’ visit to the Minister of Works, Fashola, after the new contractors handling the project were presented their letters of award for the contract.
The Federal Executive Council had last month re-awarded the contract to two new contractors for a combined sum of N95.9 billion, so the project could be simultaneously taken from Akure and Ado Ekiti ends separately to speed up completion.
The contractors, Messers Sam Chase Nig Ltd/Messers Horizon Construction Co Ltd and Kopek Construction Co Ltd were presented their award letters penultimate week and have since submitted the letters of acceptance.
Speaking during his visit to Fashola, Adegoroye, who was accompanied by his Senior Special Assistant, Mr. Fola Aiyegbusi, thanked the Works Minister for his efforts so far as both Ministers discussed the mobilization of contractors to site and the flag-off of the project.
He said: “Honourable Minister, a few days after I assumed office as Minister last year, I was here in your office to make a case for this project which had been abandoned at that time by the former contractor. Then, you took your time to explain the issues involved and promised that you would personally monitor the resolution of those issues.
“Today, I am back in your office on behalf of the good people of Ondo and Ekiti States to say ‘Thank You’ for finally resolving all the knotty issues and we can now heave a sigh of relief that the project can finally take off to ease the pain of our people on that road.”
Responding, Fashola, said the Ministry is preparing for the official flag-off of the project as mobilization funds have been released to the contractors who have promised to do a good job and in good time.
Fashola said: “I also need to thank you Honourable Minister for the role you have played for us to get here. You have demonstrated your love for your people with your relentless efforts to see that this is done and I am happy that your efforts have not gone to waste.”
Speaking after the visit, Prince Adegoroye also commended the Governor of Ondo State, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, for the role he has played over the years, as well as the Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Abiodun Oyebanji and his predecessor, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, for their efforts.
Prince Ebenezer Adeniyan
Special Assistant on Media and Publicity to the Minister of State for Transportation
May 24, 2023