Russia-Ukraine live news: Kyiv and Moscow start talks
Kyiv has said its goal for the discussions is an immediate ceasefire and the withdrawal of all Russian forces from Ukraine [Foreign Ministry of Belarus handout via Anadolu]By David Child, Arwa Ibrahim and Farah NajjarPublished On 28 Feb 202228 Feb 2022Updated: 4 minutes ago
- High-level talks between Kyiv and Moscow are taking place at the Ukraine-Belarus border.
- President Volodymyr Zelenskyy calls the next 24 hours “crucial” for Ukraine.
- Ukraine’s military claims the pace of Russia’s assault has slowed.
- Civilian death toll now stands at 352 people, including 14 children, Ukraine’s health ministry says.
- Moscow shifts its nuclear forces to a high alert footing.