Just in: Fire guts Ooni’s palace

A section of the palace of Ooni of Ife has been razed by fire which attributed  to power surge. 

An apartment within the courtyard of the palace was gutted by fire at about 11:30pm. 

Residents said the fire started after an explosion from electrical appliances in the affected apartment.

The fire was put out through the combined efforts of the fire service, palace aides and indigenes.

The palace spokesman, Otunba Moses Olafare, confirmed the incident, saying that the situation had been brought under control.


Published by WonderLady

Journalist, Educationist, Writer, Human Rights Advocate

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s