CLARIFICATION ON THE CLOSURE OF MARKETS AND SHOPS IN OBSERVANCE OF ANNUAL AHEREGBE FESTIVAL
The attention of the Palace of the Deji and Paramount Ruler of Akure Kingdom have been drawn to a press statement and rumour flying around that shops, stalls and market within Isikan area are exempted from the closure in observance of Aheregbe festival schedule to hold tomorrow, Monday 22nd August, 2022
- Without mincing words, the closure became necessary as part of the age long tradition in observance of the annual Aheregbe Festival and this will be observed in Isikan and all parts of Akure.
- The Palace wishes to inform residents that no trading or opening of shops under any guise will be allowed during the festival in Akure as earlier announced.
- For the sake of emphasis, ONLY Pharmacy shops and Patent Medicine Stores will be allowed to open during the festival
- We enjoined residents, market women and shop owners in Akure to comply with this directive as no markets or shops in Akure will be spared.
- Once again, the festival will not restrict both human and vehicular movement.
- Akure a gbe a oo
Chief Press Secretary to the Deji of Akure.
August 21, 2022.