To God be the glory for His innumerable blessings, not unto us, not unto us oh Lord should glory be given but unto your name be the glory ( Psalm 115:1) I return all the glory to the Lord for the privilege given to me to serve him and his people for these six years. I am eternally grateful for the grace given to a mere mortal like me. May his name be praised forever.
I appreciate the opportunity given to me by the Nigerian Baptist Convention to serve as the President of Ondo State Baptist Conference for ten years. It was in the course of this service that the Christian Council of Nigeria (CCN) the bloc of CAN in which my denomination falls recommended me to serve in CAN. To all our leaders at these platforms, I say thank you for the opportunity to serve. I am equally grateful for the support I received from the Ondo State Government during my tenure. I thank all our bloc leaders, denominational leaders, pastors and friends, my Exco members, Local Government CAN Chairmen, and chairmen and Members of committees as well as my office staff who worked tirelessly for the success of my administration. And to my family, both nuclear and extended, you are all wonderful for standing by me all through. Special mention is my wife, Pastor Dr. Mrs. Esther Olajumoke Ayo-Oladapo and our lovely children for bearing the burden with me, I say thank you
Though the journey which stated on 29th January, 2016 was very challenging, I’m grateful to God who provided the needed support to be able to achieve the following, among others;
- Construction of first Phase of CAN House within the first year in office.
- Payment of ALL debts amounting to Three Million Naira (#3,000,000) owed the National & Southwest CAN and all other bodies to which we are committed.
- Re-introduction of the annual production of State CAN Calendar.
- Introduction & decentralisation of quarterly plenary meeting.
- Introduction of joint annual Universal Week of Prayer.
- Adoption of Territorial Altar as the prayer arm of CAN.
- Creation of State Executive Council (SEC) meeting that brings all the Central Committee, Heads of Blocs and Secretaries, Local Government Chairmen and Secretaries as well as Committee Chairmen together every quarter to plan for expansion of the work of God.
- Review of the Bye laws in line with democratic principles.
- Registration of Churches.
- Award and Recognition, 2017. The 2021 edition was held as part of activities to celebrate the 45th anniversary of CAN in the country.
- Facilitated 3 days open air crusade organised by the Christ To The World Ministries, U.K.
Leadership is not permanent, there is need for change of baton from time to time. In line with the bye laws that brought me in, I have completed my two term tenure of six years, hence, there must be a change. Indeed, a qualified, mature and competent candidate has emerged. I appeal to you all to extend hands of fellowship to the new CAN Chairman, my brother, Rev Fr Anselm Olorunfemi Ologunwa. Please, support him, pray for him, encourage him, listen and respect him as our new leader in the state. Unlike, the outgoing Exco, the Ologunwa-led exco has a 5-year single tenure
Brothers and sisters, ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to inform you that I’m leaving office fulfilled. However, I am available for the body of Christ. For now, my effort and energy will be geared towards provision of psychosocial support to the vulnerable, victims of violence, child abuse, rape, etc. through the platform of Centre for Blissful Home Initiative. Keep on praying for us as we continue to serve God and humanity in another platform.
Thank you and God bless you all.